eMentoring through CricketTogether
United Way of Midland County and CricketTogether are partnering with local elementary schools to provide a virtual mentoring opportunity for the 2023–24 Academic Year.
WHAT IS CRICKETTOGETHER?
CricketTogether is an eMentoring learning experience that helps students become engaged and independent learners, through:
- Reading and exchanging letters with their personal eMentor using standard-aligned topics and thought-provoking questions.
- Experiencing the benefits of having a personal encourager and individualized learning support.
WHO ARE THE STUDENTS?
3rd–5th graders from schools that are underserved with more than 50% from economically disadvantaged homes. Each eMentor is paired with their own student for the full academic year.
HOW AM I SUPPORTED AS A VOLUNTEER?
The platform provides you with video training before you begin and then ongoing structure and suggestions for your correspondence with your mentee! The readings your student selects always give you a fresh topic to focus on Benefits:
- 100% online
- Limited time commitment (20-30 min a month)
- NO scheduling or coordination
- Online training and ongoing support
- Safe & Secure. All identities are private and materials are reviewed by teacher.
Location: Virtual Opportunity. 100% Online.
When: 2023-2024 Academic School year. Registration is open until all slots are filled. SPOTS STILL AVAILABLE! Volunteers will receive an email with next steps for onboarding prior to being matched with a student.
Onboarding will require less than 60 minutes to complete and is self-paced. Once the onboarding checklist is complete, volunteers will be ready to be matched with a student as there are spots to be filled. The commitment will begin within approximately 4 weeks of registering and completing the checklist.
How: Volunteers will express an interested using the UW portal. Once the interested is expressed volunteers will be sent information on how to register and onboarding next steps.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: